Friday, August 8, 2008

Kindness


Brought to tears today by a bear and three hangers. A gift arrived today from my Grandma Mimi and Grandpa Bobbie's best friends of 50+ years, the Gavins. The last time I saw these friends was at my Grandpa Freeman's funeral and again, lost my composure. They just do that to me! They are in the middle of a move to Terwillger Plaza, where John's Grandma and Grandpa also chose to retire. In the move, they found some treasures and "just thought of us". The hangers are 90 years old and have sweetly hung many generations of children's clothing in their family. The Steiff bear is the same bear they bought as a gift for me when I was born. The Gavins represent a special breed of kindness, rarely found. We love them and I am touched and inspired today by thier act of kindness. Thank you Gavins.

2 comments:

malia said...

Having been given a gift that brought me to tears this week (from your family...thanks Grandpa Mike) makes me so excited for you. The Gavins were right on in gifting these sweet hangars and teddy bear to you because you will treasure them now and probably be gifting them to someone else deserving in another 90 years. Happy day, Lou!

Anonymous said...

what special treasures!
miss you guys!