Thursday, February 10, 2011

Marvelous Mimi


We said Goodbye to my Grandma Mimi today.  She was quite a woman, very much a part of who I am and what I do and say and even look like.  Just today I looked in the mirror and felt like I saw her nose for the first time on my face.  Well I loved her so much and knew her so well, I can hardly be sad she that she is gone, just glad that I could have loved her and known her so deeply.  She has always been a wild and crazy gal and an extra good grandma, but as I've grown up I've realized how much I thought of her and respected her in a different way.  She was inspiring, smart, energized, nothing was too big, too hard, too much for her.  She was a trailblazer and a mountain climber and a hero of mine. 


From our visit with Mimi last week.  I've declared this 'game weekend' in her honor.  She loved a good game.  We'll be drinking and playing a different game every night.  All are welcome!

10 comments:

Emelie - C'est LA vie said...

So sorry Liz. Sounds like Mimi was quite the role model and I bet you made her more than proud. Xx

Sarah said...

Oh I'm so sorry Liz. I know how much she meant to you. She sounded like quite a woman! Maybe that's where you get it:)
Thinking of you and your family today.

Jess said...

Your description of Mimi sounds just like you Liz. Sounds like you will be carrying on her legacy. Thinking of you.

Jenn said...

Oh Liz. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you and your little ones got to spend so much time with her. Memories for a lifetime!
I know how devastated I was when I lost my grandparents- I'll be sure to say some extra prayers for you.

Ali said...

Love you Liz - so glad you guys were able to see her last weekend. Will you let us know when the services will be held?

Lisa Foster said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Liz. Keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Joia Poort said...

I'm sorry for your loss Liz. She sounds like quite the lady! Your family is lucky to have had her. xoxo, joia

Heidi Bruch said...

Huge hugs, Kizzy. Mimi was amazing and you are just like her. So sorry to hear about this loss, but what a wo derful person she was. Call you soon. Praying for you.

jessica said...

Love you, Liz - and thinking of you and your family. What a wonderful legacy. And even better that she got witness the life you're leading! I know she was super proud of you and your family!

We'll be gaming here in the East in her honor!

Meg said...

Oh Liz, I am so sorry. We have a Mimi too, so I know how extra special they are. Sending you hugs, kisses, and strength. Squeeze those little ones extra hard. That will help.