Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Projects: Color Update


I had actually decided on the light color before most of you commented. I guess the early bird does get the worm Emelie! However, when I got it home, it was neither the lighter nor the darker color. It was somewhere inbetween and as I had already spent the money on a gallon and I am doing this myself to save money, I decided to go for it. Perhaps all the dark votes magically spoke to the guy mixing paint at Lowe's. Not bad...but progress is slow. Puting in crown moulding with two kids underfoot is not hard, but it's definitely not easy either. I'm just moving from one wall to the next trying to keep the mess minimal and livable. I can't wait to get to the wall with curtains...they are black and cream, can't wait.

2 comments:

Emelie - C'est LA vie said...

And not surprisingly, I love it! The contrast of this shade with your dark furniture and the white crown moulding looks very classy. Sometimes, something 'in between' is the way to go. :)

Heidi Bruch said...

God, I love it - so inspiring. Too bad paint fumes and pregnancy don't go together...well, maybe that is just my excuse:-) Love all the hard work you are doing!