Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh My Ohanapecosh

This past weekend John and I braved 3 days and 2 nights of camping on the Ohanapecosh River with the kids and our friends Danielle and James (well, they are the brave ones for agreeing to come with us). We packed enough to move to tent city and live comfortably for several months, so I guess it was a good experiment during a bad economy. But forgiving the very full truck, two-room tent and all, we did have a really good time.











If anyone is looking for a needed time warp on their next camping trip, come to Ohanapecosh. This is the Ohanapecosh camp song, sung by Ranger Smith who has been at this National Park for 34 years. Every night at 8:30 there is a park-wide camp fire with slides of years past and camp songs. Makes you want to stand up and say, "no one puts baby in a corner".

7 comments:

Freeman said...

Liz - you guys are amazing. Great photos of the kids and your camp. I remember what an absolutely gorgeous spot this is. Looks so fun. The park ranger camp songs were cool. Lucy and Henry look like they just had a blast!!

Grandma Freeman would (will) be so proud of you guys.

Sarah said...

I cant belive how clean you guys look on a camping trip! Looks like a lot of fun, maybe we will be brave enough to try this next year:)

jessica said...

This is awesome! Great photos. I wish I could convince Jeffrey to do this :)

DUST LIGHT MATTER said...

LizLiz!, Yay for camping! Looks beautiful, next summer...I will have to try to get over that way. Tell Henry and Lucy Sammy says hello! So good spending time with you this summer. Much love! SRL.

Jess said...

Love this! Lets plan a group trip next summer. On the last night you & John can lead the last dance.

Ali said...

Seriously, if you guys plan on going again we want to come! I think the bath in the storage tub is brilliant!

Heidi Bruch said...

I am BEYOND proud of you guys for camping with your kids already! I mean that sincerely! I am going to live vicariously through you since I am not really a camper:-) xoxo Love the photos!